What To Expect
Get ready to take your kids on a fun and enriching journey! Here are some tips and tricks to ensure you have the best Kidsfest experience:
- Dressing right: Calgary weather is unpredictable. As many of the free activities are outdoors, we suggest dressing in layers and bringing sunscreen and hats for sunny days. Please be advised that some activities involve the use of markers, glue, and other messy materials.
- Finding your way around: Look for Kidsfest volunteers to help guide you, pull up our handy Kidsfest site map, or visit the Kidsfest Information Tent on Olympic Plaza.
- Bringing snacks: If your group is attending more than one performance or activity we suggest bringing snacks. Forgot to pack a lunch? There are various restaurants and fast food vendors within easy walking distance of Arts Commons.
- What happens if it rains? If the weather is severe, most outdoor activities will be moved indoors to the Telus Convention Centre. There will be information on Twitter about any location changes, and Kidsfest volunteers will also give you directions on site.
- Seating in the theatres: Seating in the Jack Singer Concert Hall, Max Bell Theatre, and Martha Cohen Theatre is Reserved Seating. All other festival venues are General Admission (not assigned), so arrive early to get the best seats!
- Washrooms: Your show venues all have washroom facilities and there are clearly marked public washrooms in the Centre Court area of Arts Commons (easily accessed off 8th Avenue). Portable toilets are available on the west side of Olympic Plaza.
- Safety and first aid: MacCon Security is on site 24 hours per day during Kidsfest, as well as Site Crew and Kidsfest volunteers during the festival open hours. The Olympic Plaza site is fenced with entrances on each side of 8th Avenue SE. First Aid assistance is available on site during Kidsfest open hours. If someone in your group requires medical attention, please go to the First Aid Ambulance outside on 8th Avenue SE or inform a Kidsfest team member.